Basic Life Support and AED Instructor Course
Learn the skills to become a Basic Life Support instructor with our train the trainer course
Basic Life Support and AED Instructor Course
Our face-to-face basic life support and AED instructor course will provide you with the confidence and competencies to effectively deliver adult and paediatric basic life support within your organisation / community.
Our course covers the recommended delivery method for Basic Life Support teaching and how to accommodate all adult learning styles.
The course lasts one day and consists of interactive lectures, demonstrations of the skills required to be a good BLS and AED instructor and an assessment of the teaching style.
This course has been developed in line with current legislation, Resuscitation Council Guidelines (UK), and CQC guidelines.
This course is aimed at candidates looking to complete the adult basic life support train the trainer course.
All candidates should be suitably qualified and/or experienced in the healthcare and social care sectors as stated by Resuscitation Council (UK).
Basic Life Support and AED Instructor Course learner outcomes
The objectives of this adult basic life support instructor course are to empower the trainer to deliver comprehensive courses to their staff. Instructors will be able to:
- Provide the learners with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding basic life support & cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Provide the learners with a full understanding of the current Resuscitation Council (UK) 2015 guidance for adult basic life support & resuscitation
- To inform learners how to give essential CPR to individuals including the use of an automated defibrillator (AED)
- How to manage the Choking Person
- How to place someone into the recovery position
- Understanding of DNACPR
- To help learners understand the risks/legal status surrounding CPR
- To provide essential basic life support training resources in an engaging and meaningful way.
Train the trainer elements Outline
- The role of the trainer
- The different adult learning styles (VAK)
- How we facilitate learning
- Accountability & Delegation
- Teaching competencies and assessment
Experienced registered nurses with first-hand clinical experience.
Overview / what's included?
9.30am – 5pm. (please arrive around 9.15am for registration)
Contains a step by step guide Trainer Manual & Compliant Training Materials (PowerPoint, Workbook, Handouts, Question Papers, Evaluation Forms, Certificate Template, etc.) to self-print unlimited
Access to course handouts, certificates templates, powerpoint slides after the course.
available bls instructor courses
9th July 2020
Location: South London, Croydon
Venue: Violet Lane Medical Practice, Croydon, South London
£185 per person
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!
view our Other clinical skills courses for your staff