Blood Transfusion Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows learners to demonstrate theoretical knowledge of blood transfusions within the hospital environment (course undertaken within the classroom).
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of safe principles of blood transfusion.
why is it important?
It is vital transfusions are undertaken by competent clinicians. This includes intravenous therapy and the administration of blood transfusions.
This course allows attendees to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of blood transfusion, however it is vital clinicians follow their own organisational policies.
BLOOD TRANSFUSION SESSION OUTLINe
- Ordering blood for collection
- Collecting and checking the blood,
- Giving the blood, monitoring and documentation
- Adverse reactions
Registered healthcare professionals (hospital based) already undertaking transfusions looking to enhance/update their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new theoretical knowledge of the blood transfusion process.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience.
How many can attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple sessions to get everyone trained.
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!