Blood Transfusion Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows learners to demonstrate theoretical knowledge of blood transfusions within the hospital environment (course undertaken within the classroom).
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of safe principles of blood transfusion.
Why Is It Important?
It is vital transfusions are undertaken by competent clinicians. This includes intravenous therapy and the administration of blood transfusions.
This course allows attendees to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of blood transfusion, however it is vital clinicians follow their own organisational policies.
Blood Transfusion Session Outline
- Ordering blood for collection
- Collecting and checking the blood,
- Giving the blood, monitoring and documentation
- Adverse reactions
Registered healthcare professionals (hospital based) already undertaking transfusions looking to enhance/update their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new theoretical knowledge of the blood transfusion process.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience.
Other Clinical Skills Training Courses:
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Enteral / PEG Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles