Bowel Care Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows attendees to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
Participants will further their knowledge and skills related to supporting patients with bowel care interventions.
why is it important?
Healthcare professionals need to be aware of the local and systemic effects of constipation, in order to prevent them effectively.
“Bowel care is a fundamental area of patient/client care that is frequently overlooked, yet it is of paramount importance for the quality of life of our patients/clients, many of whom are hesitant to admit to bowel problems or to discuss such issues.” (Royal College of Nursing (RCN) 2008).
Assessment to identify the cause of constipation will help to establish a plan of care for treatment. The effects of constipation can make patients feel very unwell, particularly if they compound a pre-existing medical condition.
bowel care Training Session Outline
- Associated anatomy and physiology
- Stool specimen: assessment
- Constipation: causes and assessment
- Constipation: treatment
- Inserting a rectal suppository
- Administration of an enema
Healthcare professionals that will be responsible for assessment and management of bowel care for patients.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!