Cannulation Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of safe peripheral intravenous cannulation and subsequent care. Learners will have the opportunity to practice cannulation skills on a model under supervision of our clinical training team.
Why Is It Important?
Increasing numbers of patients are requiring IV medication via a peripheral intravenous cannula. It is vital healthcare professionals have the appropriate skills and knowledge to undertake this practice.
In order to perform cannulation appropriately the practitioner must demonstrate a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology, correct device selection, potential complications and associated regulation. Undertaking this course allows attendees to develop their understanding and practice safely and effectively.
Cannulation Training Session Outline
- Cannulation technique
- Care of a peripheral intravenous cannula
- Preparation and administration of a peripheral intravenous flush
Registered professionals already undertaking peripheral cannulation across all healthcare settings, looking to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new cannulation skills.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
Other Clinical Skills Training Courses:
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Enteral / PEG Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles