Central Venous Access Device Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to provide a broad understanding around the post insertion care of a central venous access devices (this course does not cover insertion techniques).
why is it important?
Central venous access devices provide necessary access for the administration of infusion therapy in acute care and home care settings.
Although great strides have been made to reduce bloodstream infections during placement of these devices, the risk of complications associated with post insertion care and usage has remained apparent.
Infections related to vascular access devices may be caused by ineffective or improper care and maintenance of these devices. This course promotes best practice and aims to reduce CVAD complications.
CENTRAL VENOUS ACCESS DEVICE TRAINING SESSION OUTLINE
- Care of a midline catheter
- Accessing and care of an implanted port
- Care of a skin-tunnelled catheter
- Care of a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC)
Registered healthcare professionals looking to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new skills.
Registered nurse with first hand clinical experience
How many can attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple sessions to get everyone trained.
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!