Central Venous Access Device Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to provide a broad understanding around the post insertion care of a central venous access devices (this course does not cover insertion techniques).
Why Is It Important?
Central venous access devices provide necessary access for the administration of infusion therapy in acute care and home care settings.
Although great strides have been made to reduce bloodstream infections during placement of these devices, the risk of complications associated with post insertion care and usage has remained apparent.
Infections related to vascular access devices may be caused by ineffective or improper care and maintenance of these devices. This course promotes best practice and aims to reduce CVAD complications.
Central Venous Access Device Training Session Outline
- Care of a midline catheter
- Accessing and care of an implanted port
- Care of a skin-tunnelled catheter
- Care of a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC)
Registered healthcare professionals looking to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new skills.
Registered nurse with first hand clinical experience
Other Clinical Skills Training Courses:
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Enteral / PEG Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles