Continence Care Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows learners to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to provide a broad understanding of issues surrounding continence care and demonstrates best clinical practice.
why is it important?
Urinary incontinence affects over 3 million adults within the UK. It can adversely affect all activities of daily living and negatively impact upon families and carers. Unmanaged urinary incontinence places considerable burden upon the NHS.
It is vital healthcare professionals are able to identify the underlying cause of urinary incontinence through appropriate assessment and diagnosis. A full assessment is required in order to reach a diagnosis and decide on the most appropriate treatment.
Urinary incontinence affects over 3 million adults and can have an adverse effect on their physical, psychological and social well-being. The impact on families and carers can be profound.
It is important for healthcare professionals to identify the underlying cause of urinary incontinence through assessment. A full assessment is required in order to reach a diagnosis and decide on the most appropriate treatment.
Continence care Training Session Outline
- Urinary continence assessment
- Fluid intake and continence care
- Vaginal examination in the assessment of urinary incontinence
- Bladder retraining
- Bladder ultrasound/scanner
- Conservative management of urinary incontinence
Healthcare professionals (registered and unregistered) in any setting, including outpatient and community settings, nursing and residential homes, midwifery and child services or hospitals.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!