½ DAY ‘ESSENTIALS’ OR FULL-DAY FOR REGISTERED PROFESSIONALS
End of Life Care Training – This blended learning course allows attendees to gain theoretical and practical understanding of end of life care and its application in clinical practice.
Why Is It Important?
It is vital healthcare professionals within all settings have the right knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to ensure effective, appropriate and holistic end of life treatment.
Healthcare professionals should ensure patient wishes and preferences are accounted for and plans of care are created. Patients at the end of life need support to live as well as possible and with dignity until they die.
Consideration should also be given to ensure support for families, carers or other people who are important and preferred place of death (NHS, 2019).
END OF LIFE CARE TRAINING SESSION OUTLINE
- End of life standards, legislation and guidelines
- Advanced care planning
- Caring for the dying patient
- Symptom management and pain assessments
- Communication including families and the wider MDT
- Syringe drivers (T34)
- Care after death
- Verification of death
Senior healthcare workers and registered professionals within healthcare responsible for patient assessment. These can include either, those with existing knowledge looking to enhance their current understanding, or attendees looking to acquire new skills and practice effectively.
Registered nurses with first-hand clinical experience
HOW MANY CAN ATTEND TRAINING?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!