½ day ‘essentials’ or Full-Day for registered professionals
End of Life Care Training – This blended learning course allows attendees to gain theoretical and practical understanding of end of life care and its application in clinical practice.
Why Is It Important?
It is vital healthcare professionals within all settings have the right knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to ensure effective, appropriate and holistic end of life treatment.
Healthcare professionals should ensure patient wishes and preferences are accounted for and plans of care are created. Patients at the end of life need support to live as well as possible and with dignity until they die.
Consideration should also be given to ensure support for families, carers or other people who are important and preferred place of death (NHS, 2019).
End of Life Care Training Session Outline
- End of life standards, legislation and guidelines
- Advanced care planning
- Caring for the dying patient
- Symptom management and pain assessments
- Communication including families and the wider MDT
- Syringe drivers
- Care after death
Senior healthcare workers and registered professionals within healthcare responsible for patient assessment. These can include either, those with existing knowledge looking to enhance their current understanding, or attendees looking to acquire new skills and practice effectively.
Registered nurses with first-hand clinical experience
Other Clinical Skills Training Courses:
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Enteral / PEG Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles