Infection Control training (Fundamentals)
Infection Control Training (Fundamentals) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to provide a broad understanding of infection control regulations and practical application.
why is it important?
Across all sectors, healthcare workers need an understanding of how infections occur, how different micro-organisms spread, and the role they play in preventing the transmission of pathogenic microorganisms.
All healthcare workers need to be aware of national and regulatory requirements in order to meet expected standards, demonstrating continued high standards of care delivery.
Learning content designed to help meet Care Quality Commission Fundamental Standards.
INFECTION CONTROL TRAINING SESSION OUTLINE
- Regulatory and statutory requirements
- Standard precautions: use of personal protective equipment
- Isolation precautions
- Routine hand hygiene
- Aseptic non-touch technique: key principles – ANTT®
All staff working within healthcare environments
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
HOW MANY CAN ATTEND TRAINING?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12-15 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!