Infection Control Training (Fundamentals) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to provide a broad understanding of infection control regulations and practical application.
Why Is It Important?
Across all sectors, healthcare workers need an understanding of how infections occur, how different micro-organisms spread, and the role they play in preventing the transmission of pathogenic microorganisms.
All healthcare workers need to be aware of national and regulatory requirements in order to meet expected standards, demonstrating continued high standards of care delivery.
Learning content designed to help meet Care Quality Commission Fundamental Standards.
Infection Control Training Session Outline
- Regulatory and statutory requirements
- Standard precautions: use of personal protective equipment
- Isolation precautions
- Routine hand hygiene
- Aseptic non-touch technique: key principles – ANTT®
At the end of this course candidates will be able to state the obligations and responsibilities that should be performed when dealing with infection control issues.
All staff working within healthcare environments
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
Other Clinical Skills Training Courses:
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Enteral / PEG Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles