Injection Administration Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to provide a broad understanding of injection techniques and routes and common injectable medication (excludes intravenous administration).
why is it important?
This course allows attendees to review current best practice and technique associated with injectable medication.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC, 2015) require practitioners to maintain an appropriate level of competence in their skills. The National Patient Safety Agency has supported this view, stating that all practitioners involved in administering injectable medicines must have the appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude to prepare and administer the prescribed medication.
Unsafe injection practices can have a significant impact on patient outcomes such as nerve damage, abscesses and pain, resulting in potential litigation.
INJECTION ADMINISTRATION TRAINING SESSION OUTLINE
- Intradermal injection
- Intramuscular injection using the dorsogluteal site
- Intramuscular injection using the vastus lateralis site
- Intramuscular injection using the ventrogluteal site
- Subcutaneous injections (using a prefilled syringe with a non-detachable needle)
- Subcutaneous injection of insulin
- Intramuscular injection using the deltoid site
Healthcare professionals looking to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new skills.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
HOW MANY CAN ATTEND TRAINING?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!