Intravenous Therapy Training
Intravenous Therapy Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of safe IV administration and associated care. End of course assessment provided to evaluate knowledge.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Intravenous therapy is one of the most common treatments provided across healthcare.
Despite this, there is often a lack of formal training for nurses and other health professionals, before or after registration, in prescribing, administering and managing IV medication administration. This leads to nurses considering IV therapy as “routine” and often being unaware of its importance, benefits and associated risks.
Greater attention to intravenous medication administration is needed in nurse education and it should be prioritised in continuing professional development.
INTRAVENOUS THERAPY TRAINING SESSION OUTLINE
- Priming and connecting an infusion set
- Intravenous infusions: problem solving
- Intravenous infusions: calculating rates
- Preparation and administration of a peripheral intravenous flush
Registered healthcare professionals looking to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new skills.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!
view our open clinical skills courses