Medication Administration Training (Including Calculations) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this full-day blended learning course allows attendees to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
Participants will further their knowledge and skills in the management of medication administration across varied healthcare settings.
Registered nurses and carers are professionally and personally accountable for their actions and any omissions in care; this includes decisions he or she makes to administer or withhold prescribed medicines.
wHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Effective medication management requires knowledge, skills and competence in order to preserve patient safety.
All members of the multidisciplinary team have a vital role to play in medicines management: from the pharmaceutical companies that trial new medicines and ultimately manufacture them, to the doctors and other professionals who prescribe them, the pharmacists who dispense them, and the nurses/carers who administer them.
Errors in any aspect of the process of medicines management can result in catastrophic outcomes for the patient. According to the Department of Health (2013), at least 11 people died in the NHS in 2012 because they were given incorrect prescriptions and 8 per cent of all hospital prescriptions contain errors.
MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION Training Session Outline
- Understanding medicines administration charts
- Routes of administration
- Administration of medicines: key principles
- Self-administration of oral medicines
- Legal, professional and ethical aspects of medicines administration
- Monitoring and use of a medicine’s refrigerator in primary care
- Calculations for medicines administration
Administration of medication training is an excellent course for healthcare professionals with the responsibility of storing, administering and disposing of medication.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!