Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this full-day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This course can be offered as a ½ day essentials session, ask the team for more information.
Attendees will learn to undertake a variety of evidence based clinical skills. Learners will develop a fundamental understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system.
Why is it important?
Effective management of acute and chronic respiratory conditions requires significant training and support.
This evidence-based training addresses current variations in clinical practice and enhances respiratory care delivered across all healthcare settings.
PRACTICAL RESPIRATORY SKILLS TRAINING - SESSION OUTLINE
- Measuring peak expiratory flow
- Oxygen therapy use of fixed performance masks, nasal cannula and humidified oxygen
- Inhaled medication
- Using continuous positive airway pressure
- Anatomy and physiology of the lungs and respiration
- Factors affecting normal lung function
- Common respiratory conditions and their terminology
- Essentials of spirometry
- Blood sampling
- Common medication
- Acute and chronic respiratory conditions
Healthcare workers working with patients who have a respiratory condition or undertaking respiratory assessments. Ideal for attendees who want to enhance the quality of care delivered by their extended team.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!