Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this full-day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This course can be offered as a ½ day essentials session, ask the team for more information.
Attendees will learn to undertake a variety of evidence based clinical skills. Learners will develop a fundamental understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system.
Why Is It Important?
Effective management of acute and chronic respiratory conditions requires significant training and support.
This evidence-based training addresses current variations in clinical practice and enhances respiratory care delivered across all healthcare settings.
Practical Respiratory Skills Training – Session Outline
- Measuring peak expiratory flow
- Oxygen therapy use of fixed performance masks, nasal cannula and humidified oxygen
- Inhaled medication
- Using continuous positive airway pressure
- Anatomy and physiology of the lungs and respiration
- Factors affecting normal lung function
- Common respiratory conditions and their terminology
- Essentials of spirometry
- Blood sampling
- Common medication
- Acute and chronic respiratory conditions
Healthcare workers working with patients who have a respiratory condition or undertaking respiratory assessments. Ideal for attendees who want to enhance the quality of care delivered by their extended team.
Facilitated byRegistered nurses with first hand clinical experience
Other Clinical Skills Training Courses:
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Enteral / PEG Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles