Senior Carers Course
What is the STEP Senior Carers Course?
This 6-week training programme allows your senior carers the opportunity to up-skill their existing clinical skills and continue to deliver high quality evidence-based care within your home.
Healthcare Support Workers play a vital role in providing high quality patient care; their skills and experience are highly valued throughout the healthcare industry and healthcare organisations are now looking to bridge the gap in skills and knowledge between carers and registered nurses.
In a series of classroom based theory, e-learning and practical sessions, carers will be mentored and accredited on the following competencies.
- Catheter Care
- Stoma Care
- PEG & Gastrostomy Care (Enteral Feeding)
- End of Life Care
- Diabetes Care
- Tissue Viability (including Pressure Ulcer and Wound Care)
- Aseptic Non-Touch Technique
- Infection, Prevention and Control
- Reflective Diary
- MUST & Waterlow Assessments
- Measuring Observations (including NEWS2)
- Medication Management
Upskilling carers is a recognised strategy to improve efficiency, patient safety and healthcare outcomes. It allows for professional development within the care home setting.
Our course is aimed at experienced support workers employed within the care home setting looking to enhance their existing knowledge and skills
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
view our Other clinical skills courses for your staff