Sepsis Awareness Training – This ½ day blended learning course covers the physiological background to sepsis as well as application of knowledge to a clinical setting. It provides evidence based teaching of common causes, how to identify sepsis, treatment and the trajectory of untreated symptoms.
why is it important?
• Sepsis affects 25,000 children in the UK every year. (Royal College of Nursing)
• It kills 5 people an hour….52,000 a year.
• Early identification is key to improving these statistics and the patient’s journey, rapidly improving mortality and recovery time.
SEPSIS AWARENESS TRAINING SESSION OUTLINE
- Common causes
- Recognition – signs and symptoms
- Pathophysiology (includes basic anatomy and physiology)
- Treatment – medical treatments in hospital
- Treatment – options for community
- Prevention – lifestyle, health and wellbeing
Health care professionals (registered and unregistered) in any setting, including outpatient and community settings, nursing and residential homes, midwifery and child services or hospitals.
A mix of teaching methods will be used to encourage engagement and ensure adequate understanding and learning – including but not limited to powerpoint presentation, group quizzes, technology facilitated learning. It is an interactive session not a standard lecture.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!