Specimen Collection Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day specimen collection course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to provide a broad understanding of issues surrounding specimen collection and demonstrates best practice.
Why Is It Important?
Specimen collection must be conducted with care and in accordance with local and national infection control policies.
Samples must be collected correctly to ensure validity of associated results and healthcare professional must follow universal infection control precautions to ensure the safety of staff and patients.
Specimen Collection Training Session Outline
- Collecting a mid-stream specimen of urine
- Collecting a sputum specimen
- Stool specimen: collection
- Catheter specimen of urine
- Swab collection (including MRSA screening)
A key course for healthcare professionals required to take specimen samples with their role.
Registered nurses with first-hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!