Stoma Care Training (Fundamentals) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows learners to gain theoretical and practical stoma care knowledge.
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of safe principles of stoma care including practical application within a classroom environment.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
It is estimated that one in 500 people in the UK are currently living with a stoma. Individuals of all ages can have a stoma (Colostomy UK, 2019).
Stoma patients commonly receive specialist care from specialist stoma nurses. However, they may receive care within clinical settings and present health problems related to their stoma. It is vital in these situations and for routine stoma care non–specialist healthcare professionals understand the basics of stoma management. Professionals responsible for routine care must know when to seek help from the stoma care nurse.
sTOMA CARE Training Session Outline
- Anatomy and physiology and stoma types
- Measuring stomas and cutting templates
- Emptying drainable pouches
- Changing stoma appliances
- Two-piece appliances
- Problem solving
Healthcare professionals across all environments, already caring for ostomates wanting to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice. Or those unfamiliar to stoma care nursing looking to acquire new skills.
Registered nurses with first-hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!