Venepuncture Training – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this ½ day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical venepuncture competencies within a classroom environment.
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of safe principles of venepuncture. Learners will have the opportunity to practice venepuncture skills on a model under supervision of our clinical training team, utilising both a winged infusion device and a needle and holder.
Why Is It Important?
Venepuncture is a common procedure however if undertaken incorrectly can result in complications including; haematoma, pain and bruising. It is vital the healthcare professional practices with confidence, thus reducing anxiety and fully understands and gives valid consent.
Practitioners are required to use current evidence-based practice to take blood without causing any discomfort. If the sample is collected incorrectly, it may not be possible to provide a test result.
VENEPUNCTURE TRAINING SESSION OUTLINE
- Associated anatomy and physiology
- Venepuncture technique using a needle and holder
- Venepuncture technique using a winged infusion device
All healthcare professionals across all settings, already undertaking peripheral cannulation looking to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice or looking to acquire new venepuncture/phlebotomy skills.
Registered nurses with first-hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!