½ DAY ‘ESSENTIALS’ OR FULL-DAY ‘FUNDAMENTALS’
Wound Care Training – Primary Care (Community) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, our ‘Wound Care’ course can be facilitated within a half-day session (Essentials) all healthcare professionals. Alternatively, a comprehensive full-day course (Fundamentals) for senior carers and registered healthcare professionals is available.
This blended learning course allows attendees to gain theoretical and practical understanding of wound care best practice.
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of wound care including practical application within a classroom environment.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
2 million patients are treated for wounds every year at a cost of more than £5 billion to the NHS. Most of this figure pays for nursing care costs rather than dressings and associated products (Hansard, 2017).
Data now suggest that approximately 2.2 million patients have a chronic wound (Guest et al 2016).
wound care training session outline
- Anatomy and Physiology of the skin
- Wound healing process
- Wound assessment
- Acute and Chronic wounds
- Choice of dressings directed by wound appearance
- Assessment of leg ulcers
- Management of venous ulcers
- Preventing venous leg ulcer recurrence
- Application of adhesive skin-closure strips
Healthcare professionals working with primary care (Community) with existing wound care knowledge wanting to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice. Or those new to wound care looking to acquire new skills and practice effectively.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
oTHER Clinical Skills Training COURSES
We stick to what we do best…face-to-face facilitation of clinical skills training across all healthcare settings. We have over 35 clinical courses available.
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills Training (Fundamentals)
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Fundamentals of Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Fundamentals of Tracheostomy Care
- Gastrostomy Care and Enteral Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Essentials of Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles
What do our customers say...
Even as a carer/manager for 24+ years I have learnt a lot and feel this training will have a positive impact on the people who we support and the staff team
This is an excellent refresher, I feel more confident and able to spread the knowledge to others to prevent pressure ulcers.
I thought I had quite a good understanding and knowledge but I have learnt much more. Very enjoyable session.
Trainer ensured attendees understood questions and encouraged them. Really enjoyed the afternoon, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Trainers were excellent and full of knowledge. They make you feel comfortable and confident. Very much enjoyed the course. Definitely felt like I learnt a lot.
Great information. Will put learning into practice.
Great information, will put learning into practice.
Brilliant course and well delivered!