½ day ‘Essentials’ or Full-Day ‘Fundamentals’
Wound Care Training – Primary Care (Community) – Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, our ‘Wound Care’ course can be facilitated within a half-day session (Essentials) all healthcare professionals. Alternatively, a comprehensive full-day course (Fundamentals) for senior carers and registered healthcare professionals is available.
This blended learning course allows attendees to gain theoretical and practical understanding of wound care best practice.
This training course is intended to cover all aspects of wound care including practical application within a classroom environment.
Why Is It Important?
2 million patients are treated for wounds every year at a cost of more than £5 billion to the NHS. Most of this figure pays for nursing care costs rather than dressings and associated products (Hansard, 2017).
Data now suggest that approximately 2.2 million patients have a chronic wound (Guest et al 2016).
Wound Care Training Session Outline
- Anatomy and Physiology of the skin
- Wound healing process
- Wound assessment
- Acute and Chronic wounds
- Choice of dressings directed by wound appearance
- Assessment of leg ulcers
- Management of venous ulcers
- Preventing venous leg ulcer recurrence
- Application of adhesive skin-closure strips
Healthcare professionals working with primary care (Community) with existing wound care knowledge wanting to enhance their current skills/knowledge and review current practice. Or those new to wound care looking to acquire new skills and practice effectively.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience
Other Clinical Skills Training Courses:
- Fundamentals of Infection Control
- Measuring Observations
- Administration of Medicines (Including Calculations)
- Pre and Postoperative Care
- Clinical Examinations and Assessments
- Practical Respiratory Skills
- Ear Care
- Eye Care
- Bowel Care
- Stoma Care
- Continence Care
- Specimen Collection
- Injection Administration
- Venepuncture – Phlebotomy
- Intravenous Therapy
- Blood Transfusion
- Central Venous Access Devices
- Enteral / PEG Feeding
- Wound Care – Primary Care
- Wound Care – Secondary Care
- Pressure Area Care
- Sepsis Awareness
- End of Life Care
- Resuscitation and Anaphylaxis Courses
- Primary Care Course Bundles