Facilitated by registered nurses with first hand clinical experience, this full-day blended learning course allows participants to demonstrate theoretical and practical competencies within a classroom environment.
This course can be offered as a ½ day essentials session, ask the team for more information.
Attendees will learn to undertake a variety of evidence based clinical skills. Learners will develop a fundamental understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system.
Why Is It Important?
Effective management of acute and chronic respiratory conditions requires significant training and support.
This evidence-based training addresses current variations in clinical practice and enhances respiratory care delivered across all healthcare settings.
- Measuring peak expiratory flow
- Oxygen therapy use of fixed performance masks, nasal cannula and humidified oxygen
- Inhaled medication
- Using continuous positive airway pressure
- Anatomy and physiology of the lungs and respiration
- Factors affecting normal lung function
- Common respiratory conditions and their terminology
- Essentials of spirometry
- Blood sampling
- Common medication
- Acute and chronic respiratory conditions
Healthcare workers working with patients who have a respiratory condition or undertaking respiratory assessments. Ideal for attendees who want to enhance the quality of care delivered by their extended team.
Registered nurses with first hand clinical experience